VIKING OPENS 2026 OCEAN VOYAGES AND ANNOUNCES NEW EXTENSIONS
Due to Strong Demand, Viking Opens Bookings for Newest Ocean Ship and Itineraries Through 2026
Viking opens 2026 ocean voyages for booking. With many 2024 dates already sold out and 2025 departures selling fast, strong demand among North American travelers has led to an early opening of 2026 departures across the company’s ocean fleet.
Viking also announced voyages for its newest ship, the Viking Vesta®, scheduled to join the fleet in July 2025. The 998-guest sister ship will spend her inaugural season sailing popular itineraries in the Mediterranean and Scandinavia.
“We have always done things a bit differently. At Viking, we are contrarians. We design travel experiences for thinking people, with no children and no casinos,” said Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking. “We are pleased that our approach has resonated with so many—and with the addition of the Viking Vesta to our ocean fleet, we look forward to introducing even more curious travelers to the Viking way of exploration.”
Examples of the most popular voyages include:
New Pre and Post Cruise Extensions
Additionally, Viking has announced six new immersive Pre and Post Extensions beginning in 2024 and 2025. Pre and Post extensions are increasingly popular with travelers. Over 45 percent of all Viking guests choose to add such extensions to their voyage.
The new, fully guided, three-night extensions are offered in the iconic cities of Barcelona, Istanbul, London, Rome, Stockholm, and Venice. They feature Privileged Access® to museums, local cuisine for lunches and dinners, market visits and cooking classes—as well as more time to personalize the journey with optional excursions.
The new extensions include:
- Best of Barcelona – Explore Cataluña’s capital, the beautiful city of Barcelona. Admire views from atop Montserrat, revel in the spectacle of La Sagrada Familia and roam the storied Gothic Quarter. Additionally, enjoy time at your leisure or join fellow travelers for optional excursions to further immerse in local culture.
- Best of Istanbul– Immerse yourself in the history of the Ottoman Empire with visits to the Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque, and Hagia Sophia. Explore the Grand Bazaar and a spice market. Then, savor Turkish culinary delights at a Michelin Star restaurant and farm-to-table experience in an idyllic setting.
- Best of London – Explore the iconic sites of London and enjoy Privileged Access experiences at the British Museum and St. Paul’s Cathedral. Tantalize your taste buds at Borough Market with TV chef and culinary author, Celia Brooks. Then, spend an evening at the Tower of London as you witness a centuries-old ceremony.
- Best of Rome – Explore more of Rome, the “Eternal City,” during an extended stay. Stroll narrow streets and vibrant piazzas, with every corner of the city revealing a piece of history. Visit Vatican City and its museums, see the sights of ancient Rome, and learn the art of making pasta the Italian way.
- Best of Stockholm– Immerse in the vibrant culture and natural beauty of Stockholm. Admire the art gracing its subway stations and historic City Hall, cruise its scenic archipelago, and savor a taste of traditional cuisine. Optional excursions offer you a chance to explore more of Sweden’s elegant capital city.
- Best of Venice– Experience Venice as few do, avoiding the crowds for an intimate look at this famous city. Cruise the Grand Canal at night, take a stroll through the Rialto Fish Market, and admire historic landmarks around St. Mark’s Square.
The Viking Vesta
Classified as a small ship, the Viking Vesta has a gross tonnage of 54,300 tons, with 499 staterooms that can host 998 guests. She will join the award-winning ocean fleet of sister ships, which includes Viking Star, Sea, Sky, Orion, Jupiter, Venus, Mars, Neptune, and Saturn. The new Viking Vela is scheduled to debut in December 2024.
From now through January 31, 2024, Viking is offering North American travelers the Discover More Sale. This includes with up to free international airfare, special fares, and a $25 deposit on all-inclusive river, ocean, and expedition voyages.
Are you happy to hear that Viking opens 2026 ocean voyages for booking? Have you taken a Viking ocean cruise? Drop us an anchor below to share your experiences sailing with Viking.
Stay up to date with the latest cruise news and travel updates!
Appeared first on: Eatsleepcruise.com