WORLD’S FASTEST GROWING CRUISE LINE SAILS INTO NEW YORK CITY AS MSC CRUISES LAUNCHES YEAR-ROUND SAILINGS ON MSC MERAVIGLIA
- New York City becomes MSC Cruises’ third homeport in the U.S., marking the first time the line will offer year-round sailings from the Northeast.
- MSC Meraviglia will sail to The Bahamas and Florida, Canada and New England, and Bermuda.
MSC Cruises has arrived in New York City. MSC Meraviglia docked at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal for the first time on Thursday. Starting Saturday, the megaship will sail year-round from the Big Apple to The Bahamas and Florida, Canada & New England, and Bermuda. This will result in a sizeable economic impact to the region.
MSC Meraviglia is one of the world’s biggest ships, with a long list of activities and amenities to match. She is known as “The Ship for All Seasons” thanks to expansive indoor and outdoor public spaces and a pool deck with a retractable roof.
MSC is deploying the ship to New York as part of an ongoing pledge to bring its largest, most modern ships to the U.S. market. NYC joins Miami and Port Canaveral on the line’s roster of North American homeports.
Rubén Rodríguez, President, MSC Cruises USA, said: “When we chose New York as the next step in our North American expansion, we knew that MSC Meraviglia would be the perfect ship, given her versatility and offerings for a wide variety of climates. She’s big and innovative, she offers something for everyone, and now she’s more accessible than ever for our guests in and around New York. We’re thrilled to give guests from the Northeast a direct link to our private destination—Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve—which is part of our fantastic itineraries to The Bahamas. As the year goes on, they’ll have other options like spending several days exploring Bermuda, or heading north for the breathtaking fall foliage in Canada and New England.”
MSC Meraviglia Itineraries from New York
- The Bahamas and Florida – Tropical 7- to 11-night sailings with a selection of destinations. These include Miami and Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, The Bahamas; Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico.
- Bermuda – Starting in August, guests can enjoy 5- and 6-night sailings to Kings Wharf in Bermuda. The itineraries will feature several days in port to explore the beauty of the island.
- Canada and New England – In the fall, MSC Meraviglia will offer 10- and 11-night sailings to Canada & New England. The itineraries will call at Newport, Boston, and Portland in the U.S. They will also call in Saint John, Halifax, Charlottetown, and Sydney in Canada.
According to data from the NYC Economic Development Corporation and CLIA, MSC Cruises’ expansion to NYC is expected to generate significant economic impact.
- Up to 10,000 full time-equivalent jobs, including the direct hiring of 150 New Yorkers to facilitate terminal operations in partnership with SMS International Shore Operations and NYC’s Workforce1.
- More than 200,000 domestic and international visitors to the city each year.
- Up to $102 million in local spending each year while those visitors are ashore.
About MSC Meraviglia
At 1,036 feet long and 213 feet tall, with an impressive 19 decks, MSC Meraviglia is a vacation destination herself. It is packed with innovative features to provide an unforgettable experience. Some of these include:
- 10 different types of staterooms, including solo cabins, popular balcony cabins, and stylish suite accommodations in the MSC Yacht Club. This premium ‘ship within a ship’ features butler service, along with an exclusive restaurant, lounge, and pool area.
- Galleria Meraviglia, a promenade lined with shops, restaurants, and bars that stretches more than 315 feet. It is even lined with an impressive LED sky screen.
- 20 bars and 12 restaurants, including the popular Butcher’s Cut steakhouse, Ocean Cay, HOLA! Tacos and Cantina, and Kaito Sushi and Teppanyaki.
- Indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, together with a waterpark featuring three twisting slides and a ropes course.
- Seven different shows in the 985-seat Broadway Theatre and the famous Carousel Lounge.
- The extensive MSC Aurea Spa, providing massage therapy, body treatments, facial treatments, and a dedicated thermal area.
- The 6,000 square-foot gym featuring state-of-the-art equipment from Technogym™ framed with floor-to-ceiling glass windows, overlooking the main pool deck.
- Entertainment area including the MSC Formula Racer, a full-sized bowling alley with two lanes, an interactive XD cinema, a flight simulator, and a video games arcade.
- Sportsplex with facilities for basketball, tennis, squash, volleyball, Pickle Ball, mini golf and five-a-side soccer.
- MSC Kids’ Club for children 0-17 years old, with dedicated areas for babies, toddlers, children and teenagers, plus the Lego® Experience.
MSC Meraviglia features innovative technology and solutions to minimize her environmental footprint. These include an exhaust gas cleaning system for cleaner emissions and an advanced wastewater treatment system. The ship also features smart HVAC systems to recover heat from machinery spaces and LED lighting to significantly save energy. This is part of MSC Cruises’ commitment to sustainability.
To learn more about MSC Meraviglia, click here.
Are you happy to hear that MSC Cruises launches year-round sailings from New York on MSC Meraviglia? Have you sailed on a cruise out of New York? Drop us an anchor below to share your experiences cruising with MSC.
Stay up to date with the latest cruise news and travel updates!
Appeared first on: Eatsleepcruise.com