Fancy taking a mini cruise with a friend or loved one this spring? Then you’ll love this month’s competition.
We’ve joined forces with Paramount Cruises to offer one lucky winner an amazing cruise for two to Amsterdam and Zeebrugge (for Bruges) on 25 May 2023, sailing from Southampton.
The winner of this exciting competition and their companion will get to enjoy a 4-night no-fly ‘Bruges & Amsterdam’ cruise for two on Celebrity Silhouette sharing a luxurious balcony cabin. What more could you ask for?
The first stop on this fun cruise will be the buzzy port city of Amsterdam.
This famous Netherlands’ capital is known throughout the world for its artistic heritage, cool canals, tall, narrow merchant houses and inviting ‘brown’ cafes.
Cycling is the order of the day here and it’s easy to hire a bike on any street corner. Stop for a delicious coffee and pastry at any of the canal-side cafes before heading to the Museum District where you’ll find the contemporary Van Gogh Museum, plus the Rijksmuseum which boasts priceless pieces by Rembrandt and Vermeer.
The city is also home to Anne Franks’ house where she and her family hid from the Nazis and she wrote her famous diary but if you want to visit, you’ll have to be sure to book ahead.
Finally, if you love vintage style, save a couple of hours before you head back to the ship to browse the city’s amazing shops and boutiques for one-off fashion and home items.
The second stop on this cruise will be in the Belgium port of Zeebrugge. In the middle ages this was an important centre for fishing and European trade.
Today it still has an industrial edge so head instead to the picturesque city of Bruges, the capital of West Flanders, known for its cobbled streets, cute canals and perfectly preserved medieval buildings.
Head to Burg Square in the city centre and you’ll find the striking 14th-century Stadhuis (City Hall) with its ornate carved ceiling while nearby Markt Square features a 13th-century belfry with a 83m tower with panoramic views over the city.
And it’s not just history you’ll love in Bruges. The city is also home to some of the finest chocolate shops in the world and no trip to Belgium would be complete without trying their famous frites and mayonnaise.
Hosting up to 2,886 guests, Celebrity Silhouette gives those onboard the perfect big ship experience.
Stylish and spacious, with a choice of modern public areas and no less than 15 fantastic restaurants including main eaterie Grand Cuvee and speciality restaurants Le Petit Chef and Italian-inspired Tuscan Grille, there’s plenty of choice for all palates.
Guests can also enjoy the use of four pools, a well-equipped 24-hour gym and live music and dance entertainment at the roomy theatre, while barflies should head to the Craft Social for an ice-cold beer or the Martini Bar for expertly-mixed cocktails.
Terms and Conditions
Conditions of entry
• The Promoter is Paramount Cruises who is responsible for all elements of prize fulfilment.
• World of Cruising is the administrator of the promotion.
• This prize draw (the “Promotion”) is only open to UK residents, excluding employees and agents of (a) the Promoter or (b) any company connected with the production or distribution of this Promotion, as well as their relatives or members of their family or household.
• Entrants must be aged 18 years or over at the time of entry. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request. By entering the Promotion you are deemed to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
• The Promotion is free to enter and entrants can enter online at www.worldofcruising.co.uk. Only one entry will be accepted per person or email address.
- The winner must comply with all travel guidelines and restrictions as should be prevalent at the time of travel and must comply with Celebrity Cruises’ booking conditions.
• The closing time/date for the Promotion is 23:59 GMT on 24th April 2023. The Closing Date of the Promotion cannot be extended.
• There will be one winner who will be selected in a random draw by an independent judge from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified by the Promoter by email and required to further discuss the prize by telephone or email within one week of the Closing Date and will be given details of how to accept their prize. Failure by the winner to accept the prize in the manner specified within 14 days of the Promoter’s email will make any claim invalid and the Promoter will then select another winner (again selected randomly in a draw) from all remaining eligible entries who will be contacted as above.
• The prize is a four-night Cruise aboard Celebrity Silhouette sailing from Southampton on 25th May 2023 in a balcony cabin . Home to port transfers not included.
Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash and cannot be combined with any other promotions or offers. Changes cannot be made to reservation once it has been confirmed. Subject to Celebrity Cruises’ standard payment and cancellation guidelines.
SPECIAL NOTES – • Travel insurance is not included. Any other expenses not identified in this terms incurred in connection with the prize will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner and their companion. The holiday must be taken on the dates stated above. Validity of the prize cannot be extended.
• The prize winner will be responsible for supplying valid passports and, where necessary, for obtaining appropriate vaccinations and inoculations. It is strongly recommended that travellers take out adequate travel insurance.
• The prize excludes drinks packages, gratuities, wifi and travel insurance. In order to travel guests must hold a valid passport and have permission to travel to the countries listed on the itinerary.
• Paramount Cruises cannot be responsible for unforeseen cancellations or changes in dates or times of flights or cancellation of the holiday due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
• Paramount Cruises cannot be responsible for entries that are lost, damaged or incomplete.
• Gifts, prizes and other promotional items are not transferable, may not be re-sold or assigned, and are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any such gift, prize or item with a gift, prize or item of equal value.
• Customers will need to abide by UK government as well as local government requirements at the time of travel.
The determination and decision of the Promoter on all matters shall be final and no promotional correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right in its reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) on any website, any game cards and/or other printed materials) or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
• No entries will be accepted in bulk, from agents or third parties. One entry will be submitted into the draw per entrant.
• The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or cancel the Promotion should virus, bugs, tampering, fraud or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter corrupt or hinder the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion.
• The Promotion and these terms and conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any applicable provisions of mandatory local law.
Appeared first on: Worldofcruising.co.uk